Monday, May 14, 2007

Making Our Activity Count

Whether we test our physical limits at the gym or take a brisk power walk around the park, we all want to obtain the maximum benefit from our work and be able to bounce back quickly. To help us achieve this, Mannatech has developed a dynamic range of scientifically formulated Performance Nutrition products. Sports science has demonstrated that during the first two minutes of athletic activity, the body for goes oxygen as an energy source and this results in a short term build-up of lactic acid with possible muscle soreness. After about four minutes of activity, our aerobic energy kicks in and our bodies begin to metabolise fatty acids.

■ Mannatech athletes are advised to take EM•PACT® before physical activity for maximum energy production and to help reduce the effects of lactic acid build–up during exercise

■ Mannatech athletes are advised to take SPORT after exercise to support muscle and aerobic recovery.

Mannatech’s core product range has been tested independently as part of the Supplement Information Scheme, an initiative of the Australian Sports Drug Agency (ASDA), the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and Australian Government Analytical Laboratories (AGAL).
Mannatech’s core product range has been tested Information Scheme, an initiative of the Australian Sports Drug Agency (ASDA), the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and Australian Government Analytical. This scheme provides practical information to athletes regarding the status of supplement products. For more information, go to http://www.asda.org.au, type ‘supplement information scheme’ into the home page search engine and click on the ‘database’ link. Team Mannatech pro-actively supports the mission of the World World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) which is dedicated to preserving the integrity of sporting competition and the health of individual athletes worldwide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started going to the gym a couple of months ago, and for the first two or three visits it felt like hell had just come home. My gym has stairs between the machines and the car park, and walking down the stairs after a workout, well let me tell you, it was probably less painful to fall down them.

I then found these Mannatech products on the Sports range, and have since been using these each time I go to the gym. Hey, I still have to build up the weights gently, it's not like I'm on steroids, but the throughout the work out, whether it be weights or cardio, I am feeling much better, I am dealing with my asthma better, and finding that I rarely need my relieving medication-if ever. I am also finding that I can now for one, make it down the stairs-I could almost do that at a run, and two, I can still feel comfortable driving the manual(gear shift) car home and not be worried about my aching legs stopping me from the working the clutch-boy that is a huge relief.
I did actually run out at one stage, and when I tried the gym, it was back to pain again-it was not long before I reordered the products, there is certainly a difference, a big difference.

I have also found that the EM•PACT® drink also helps relieve asthma issues even when I'm not working out because it helps the body take more oxygen in. This is a huge help, I can take a drink before bed and usually this means my family and I don't have to put up with my coughing fits of a night time.

Sure, I'm only 19 years old, but I can safely say, as long as I am in control of what goes into my body, I will keep using Mannatech products, including their Sports range.